Wednesday, September 17, 2008

train from Trondheim and Åndalsnes

On the 4th of September, I took the train from Trondheim, Norway to Åndalsnes, Norway...
It was another fairly early morning this morning. I woke up early to get the free breakfast from the hostel and have enough time to walk to the train station. No more attempts at finding accomodation in the dark- especially not places where the tourist office is only open until 17.00 or earlier. The train from Trondheim to Dombås was not too interesting, it was very beautiful and the landscape got much more mountainous- but I did not meet any one. Then, at the little train station in Dombås, I met some older people from Seatle. It was really good to meet some people from the States in Norway. I dont know why, but some times it is really nice to meet other Americans. This was one of those days, so I spoke with them while we waied for the train to Åndalsnes - which is suposidly the most scenic rail line in all of Europe. It was beautiful, and it was a beautiful sunny day to complament the mountains and streams and waterfalls. The waterfalls on Kawai, Hawaii have nothin on Norway- granted Norway is a whole country and not just an island... but it is the only other place I have seen that compares to the massive amount and beauty of the falls I saw.
Another spectacular thing... the water itself. The water is so vividly colored! It is crystal clear and is bright terquios and blue. It is so pure! I will write more about that later though...
Upon my arrival in Åndalnes, I went to the tourist information center and spoke with the lady working there for some good sight seeing and hiking tips. After feeling like I would have more than enough ideas to ponder, I split for the youth hostel.
End of Norway Adventures, part one.

No comments: