Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Sad Day

Today I made a really big mistake. A part of me is really sad, but all I can do is laugh - which is more appropriate any way.
And so it begins this way:
All of my clothes were in a bad need of being laundered, and today I had the time to wash them (except what I am wearing). Of course, all of my favorite things were what needed washed the most, because I wear them the most. So it is my favorite clothe items which this story is regarding (which is why it is funny...).
Well, yesterday I splurged a little and bought two new scarfs, a black one and an orangish yellow one. They went in the wash with all my other clothes... My yellow shirt and scarf that were my favorite color of yellow and that I wore every day, are no more. They dyed today along with countless other clothes. The casualties are still being counted as this was discovered only moments ago. So far we know my prized scarf is now a yellow/grey/green along with my once yellow shirt. My favorite pants that were once a light tan, are now a dark green. My favorite green sweater is now a dark grey/green and the new orangish yellow scarf I just bought, is that color no more. All my socks are blue, but my new black scarf is happy.
As the casualties are still being counted, the rest of the clothes that have dyed will be discovered as I move them from the washer to the dryer.
My heart goes out to all my clothes I used to love, and to all you readers out there, you will begin to see me wear darker clothes, but fear not - my lack of bright colors is not because I have turned to the dark side, rather it is because the black scarf bandit has struck again.

*edit*
It is now mid-afternoon here in Redditch and I am feeling much better about the situation. None of my clothes are nasty colors, so that is good. I now have a nice brown scarf too, which is also nice. The only thing I am still a bit bummed about is my pants. They are green now... and I really liked the light color they use to be - but it is all good and I am in high spirits.
A good laugh and a lesson well learned.

4 comments:

arin gilbert said...

oh how sad, and somewhat funny. it is a sad day. I hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

More adventures every day, at least you still have clothes, when I first started reading I was afraid you had lost all of them. Think of you every day and always look forward to your blogs. Grandpa and I are doing fine, you've been gone a month already, time does fly. Keep having more awesome adventures. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

What,
Europe has no All-Tempa-Cheer?
Sorry you are forced to go Goth, but you are probably fitting right in with the rest of European youth.
School starts Monday. I know you will be thinking of us with a big SMILE because you are there.
Becky

Unknown said...

When you're back in Brussels, we'll let Paolo have a go at those clothes. He's good at dying stuff yellow or pink.