Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brussels / France (take two)

Hokay, so.
I arrived in Brussels and made my way to Taz and Paolo's flat. I was not really sure who to expect to be there, as I had not met them before (a friend of a friend sort of thing), but I was sure it would be great. Unfortunately, I was terribly wrong. Just kidding! They greeted me with smiles and warmth, it was wonderful. They were taking an extended weekend to go to Fontainebleau to do some climbing and hanging out (hanging... ha!). Along with Taz, the American, Paolo, the Italian, and myself came a family actually from Belgium: Hans, Alex, and Freia. We were a wonderfully odd bunch and had a swell time together. From climbing (when it wasn't raining...) to exploring the Chateau (when it was raining...) it was a swell time. Also while camping in France, we met a family from Wales: Grant, Cathrine, Naomi, Noah, and Hannah. The latter three were ages 11, 9, and 4 - so a fun bunch to be around. We ended up climbing with them for a day and thoroughly enjoyed their company. It was a great weekend with fantastic company. I am going to go back to Brussels, I left some belongings at the flat to ensure it...

*edit*
Freia: sorry for the misspelling of your name... If it makes you feel any better, I generally spell names (and most other words, for that matter) incorrectly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea, found it. Yes we had a great time - all jealous we couldn't stay longer. Quiz time : how many wheels does Chelsea's tent have ? Which member (f) of the family did she forget to mention ? Did Paolo fall ill before or after the "best pizza in town" ? (great name for his overhang boulder problem, no ?)
Have a great trip and we hope to meet again ! H&F&A

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea,
apparently Americans have something (or nothing) with my name. From Friar to Fridge and Feya. I'm telling myself to give up and just listen to my new names, but Taz' latest invention (Fifi) didn't really help. So, although I really enjoyed Fontainebleau and your company, my name is Freia.

Sounds like you're having lots of fun and I hope it gets even better. Have fun!

Freia

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, I'm so glad to hear that you have had so many wonderful encounters. Thanks for the updates, and letting us know you are still alive and well:)
Blessings, Carissa

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you are experiencing the best of Europe. What about the play in Cambridge? Did you like Cambridge? What next? I'll try to wait patiently while you stop to smell every rose or eat every berry (whatever the case may be).
Romanian tube-steak (aka sausage), excellent...
Becky