Monday, August 11, 2008

Answering a few questions

These are just a few questions different people had, so here are the answers. Also, the next week or so I will figure out the photos...


I have a question, though, about the money. What is the little symbol before the money amount called? It that a pound or a euro? Also what is the exchange rate?

The euro (€) is used in most of Europe and the EU (European Union), the UK, however, decides to still use the pound (£). One euro is just over 1.5 US dollars and one British pound is about 2 US dollars.

Have you drank out of that water fountain yet? / Did you drink from the public fountains?

Jeremiah: Do you mean the water fountains in Rome or a different one?
I drank out of any public fountain I walked past. The water coming out of them was always so good and cool, and they all looked so neat that I couldn't help but stop to fill up my bottle.

How did you like the stylishly dressed Italian women on their motorcylces?

I actually did not see very many stylishly dressed Italian women motorcycles. I have seen a lot of motorcycles everywhere I have gone, but I have not been paying enough attention to notice the dress of the riders.

Did you throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain?

I did throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain, ensuring that I will return to Rome. :-)

Romania. Isn't Count Dracula from there?

Count Dracula is from Romania. I didn't go to his city, but I did pass by it on train.

Now that I am home from China I am glued to the Olympic coverage in China. Is all of Europe excited or ignoring it?

I have not been staying with anyone who has paid any attention to the Olympic coverage. I had even forgotten that the Olympics were on... I am so out of it when it comes to news. I have not been able to read the news for some time, unfortunately. So, I am not sure about all of Europe but I have not seen or heard about the Olympics since I have been here.

No comments: