Monday, July 14, 2008

And so it begins...

And so it begins... As my trip to Europe draws closer (it is now one week until I leave) I have begun to become more excited and much more nervous. I have never done anything like this before and I am so glad I have all your support along the way. I will try to write here weekly, but that is no guarantee. If you send me an e-mail, I will do my very best to respond to it in a timely manner (and it will be happily received). I would also like to say that I am not good at spelling and my grammar will not be the best at times and so now, I believe, is the appropriate time for advanced apologies. Thank you all again!

This calendar is subject to change at any moment (not so much the first part... but the month of October and the end of September are likely to change).

July 23- leave St. Louis and fly to London
July 24- arrive in London and fly to Rome (arrive Rome)

July 27- train to Pisa, Italy
July 28- fly Pisa, Italy to Constanta, Romania then train to Dej, Romania

August 4- fly Constanta to Pisa

August 6- fly Pisa to Brussels, Belgium

August 11- train to London
August 12- train to Cambridge

August 14- travel around UK with tour guide Dave (a friend in Brighton, England)

something, something, something...

August 25- train to Den Haag, Netherlands

August 29- train to Stockholm, Sweden

September 1- train to Ostersund, Sweden

September 3- train to Bodo, Norway

September 6- train to Oslo, Norway

September 9- train to Gothenburg, Sweden

September 12- train to Den Haag, Netherlands (go to Amsterdam and Utchrect)

September 20- train to Denmark (?)

the rest of September and October:
go to Switzerland and France and some other places
and go back to Belgium


October 23- train to Brussels, Belgium or Den Haag, Netherlands

October 25- train to London

October 28- fly home

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already, but I know you will have a wonderful time and I am happy for you. Be safe!

a butcher said...

It's good knowing we have friends exploring the nooks and crannies of the world. Stories show us things we may never see. Happy trails to you...

Anonymous said...

God has blessed you with life and continues to bless you with opportunities to discover more about yourself and this magnificent world in which we live. In this grand adventure of life, you are and explorer who is eager to learn more about your own spirituality and the presence and power of God in all you do. Your quest takes you forward to a greater understanding of your purpose in life and to an awareness of all the blessings you have received.

This was part of my morning meditations today and I thought of you and how well it fits. We are so proud of you and so happy that you have this chance to see more of the world. You will be in our thoughts daily. Love Grandma and Grandpa

Unknown said...

You are the coolest cousin ever.

Tell me all about Sweden; I am planning to move there

Anonymous said...

Ah Chelsea, Europe is indeed waiting for you! Beware our small TVs and cars, wonky teeth, restaurants that don't offer refills, random weather and nu rave styles. On the other hand, revel in quality food, newspapers for grown-ups, people on bikes, awesome music and real political choice (nb. due to reality, some countries e.g. England may not offer real political choice). Please let us know your arrival time on European shores, so that we might send representatives from every EU nation to provide you with three cheers and a gift bag. Europe awaits :)

PS: Love the pics :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have safe journies and wonderful experiences. What an opportunity to create memories forever and give you insights that many of us Yanks will never be able to garner. I can't waint to see and read how do take on Europe "Chelsea Style"! Live in the moments that will be given to you.